Yesterday I laid a prayer challenge to the church.
Why? Because prayer is a fundamental part of our spiritual lives with God.
Prayer is as fundamental to our spiritual life as breathing is to our physical life.
So you might ask … How do I make prayer a discipline in my life?
Have a plan …
- Make an Appointment – set a time
- Select A Quiet Place
- Have A Contrite/HUMBLE Heart
- Pray with specifics and mean what you say
- Be able to Reflect on your prayers by committing them to paper
And as you seek to build an effective life of prayer be cautious to not make prayer:
- A wish list for personal fulfillment or gain
- A one-way conversation
- A magic formula or “get of jail free card”
- A tool for negotiating with God
- An act of self interest with no personal responsibility
Now for the Challenge:
Take 5 minutes each day between now and and the end of the year.
I want you to prayer specifically. I want you to ACT with intention.
This is not a time to pray for others;
This is not a time to pray for yourself;
This is to be a conversation with God
Take time for Adoration – tell God about His Greatness
Take time for Confession – admit your failures and mistakes
Take time to be Thankful – express your thanksgiving for the blessings in life,
and then conclude your time by asking God for just ONE thing:
Ask God to reveal a measure of God’s love to you in a new way.
Can you do this?
I can’t wait to hear how God reveals His love and how your relationship with God is deepened through this simple ACT of prayer in our daily lives.
Keep praying …